As a new parent, there’s a lot on your plate. From all the gear you need to purchase to stocking the fridge and trying to catch some z’s, newborn photography may not be at the top of your priority list.
But here’s why you should reconsider: professional photos of your newborn will capture this once-in-a-lifetime moment and last a lifetime.
In this post, we’ll share some tips on how to book a newborn photography session and what to expect.
The Importance of Newborn Photography
As a new parent, you want to capture every moment of your child’s life. But between sleepless nights and adjusting to life with a newborn, it can be hard to find the time to take photos. That’s why professional newborn photography is such a great idea.
Professionally photographed newborns look serene and angelic, and the photos will be cherished memories that you can look back on for years to come. In addition to the stunning portraits, you’ll also have a collection of beautiful lifestyle images that show your baby in their everyday environment.
So if you’re looking for quality family photos that will last a lifetime, professional newborn photography is the way to go.
What to Expect During a Newborn Photography Session
When you book a newborn photography session, you can expect a relaxed and comfortable environment where your baby will be treated with the utmost care. During the session, I will work with you to capture beautiful and timeless images of your little one and your family in a beautiful setting.
Some things to keep in mind include:
-Keep your baby awake for the majority of the session so that they are alert and I can capture their gorgeous features.
-Be prepared to feed or change your baby as needed.
-Bring plenty of props and accessories, such as blankets, hats, and booties and any sentimental gifts or toys.
-Relax and enjoy the experience! I will work with you to capture natural and authentic shots of your family.
How to Prepare for a Newborn Photography Session
Before your newborn photography session, there are a few things you can do to prepare.
First, make sure your baby’s nails are trimmed short. It’s also a good idea to bring a soother, bottles and a couple of outfits, as well as any other props you’d like to use in your photos.
Most importantly, relax and enjoy your session! I will guide you through the process and help make sure you and your baby are comfortable.
Tips for Getting the Most Out of Your Newborn Photography Session
Now that you’ve booked your newborn photography session, it’s time to start thinking about what you want to get out of it. Here are a few tips to help you make the most of your session:
1. Plan ahead. It’s important to think about what you want your photos to capture. Do you want them to document your baby’s first weeks of life, or show off your baby’s personality? Knowing what you want ahead of time will help me plan the session and get the most out of the time with your newborn.
2. Come prepared. It’s important to feed and change your baby before the session, this will ensure they are comfortable. You should also bring any props or outfits that you want included in the photos this can include sentimental items that are special for your family.
3. Relax and enjoy it! This is a special time for your family, and it’s important to take advantage of the opportunity to capture these memories forever. Relax and enjoy your time with your newborn—the resulting photos will be priceless.
Package and Pricing Options for Newborn Photography
So, you’re considering professional newborn photography? Congratulations! It’s a great decision that will give you beautiful memories to last a lifetime. When it comes to pricing and packages, though, it can be a little tricky to figure out what’s right for you.
I offer a range of packages, starting with a mini session package which runs for thirty minutes as well as one hour sessions. The longer the session the more photos included. Prices range from $200 – $350.
Why You Should Book a Newborn Photography Session
It’s hard to believe, but your little one will only be a newborn for a short time. Before you know it, they’ll be crawling and walking around, and you’ll wish you had documented those tiny toes. That’s why professional newborn photography is such a great investment—not only will you have beautiful photos to cherish forever, but you’ll also have memories of that special time in your child’s life.
Here are some reasons why you should book a newborn photography session:
1. You’ll have stunning photos to remember this special time in your child’s life.
2. You’ll capture your child’s unique personality and features.
3. You’ll have photos to show off to family and friends.
4. Newborns are generally cooperative (and adorable) during photo sessions.
5. Professional photographers know how to capture the best shots of newborns.
6. Sessions typically last around 2-3 hours, so you won’t have to rush through it.
7. Celebrate your growing family.
Why is newborn photography so important? For one, babies change so quickly in those first few weeks and months, and it’s amazing to have photos to capture those tiny details and milestones. But more importantly, professional photos of your newborn can provide a lifetime of memories for your family.
So what are you waiting for, book in your desired date now before it’s too late. Head over to my contact page or reach out via my socials for a chat.
0415 034 687
Sarah is a family and wedding photographer on the Mornington Peninsula, Victoria.
As an Australian business we pay our respects to the traditional custodians of the lands, and acknowledge that this has always been and will always be Aboriginal land.
Mornington Peninsula Weddings | Melbourne Weddings | Gippsland Weddings | High Country Weddings | Phillip Island Weddings | Macedon Ranges Weddings | Yarra Valley Weddings | Dandenong Ranges Weddings | Great Ocean Road & Otways Weddings